Herbs for sexual vitality can be used in the form of tea, tincture or capsules. However, before using herbs, clear up any emotional conflicts that may be affecting sexuality and develop a healthier diet.
1. Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum, C. cassia) has been used in love potions since medieval times. It is warming, improves circulation and is mildly stimulating.
2. Damiana (Turnera aphrodisiaca, T. diffusa) is used in Central America for frigidity, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and testicular atrophy. It helps sexual problems related to anxiety and increases nerve sensitivity.
3. Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) relaxes blood vessels so that nutrients can be better delivered throughout the body. By improving vascular insufficiency it can improve blood flow to the penis. Ginkgo is considered a kidney tonic and rejuvenative.
4. Ginseng (Panax ginseng) improves fatigue and increases stamina. It strengthens the adrenal glands.
5. Maca (Lepidium peruvianum Chacón, L. meyenii) is an energy enhancer, nutritive and rejuvenative that increases pituitary function, encouraging the body’s natural hormonal production. Macaalso helps improve vaginal lubrication