Media and exposure to fast foods have made processed and unhealthy foods popular.
Lifestyle being fast and stressful have made junk foods a part of everyday meal plans being detrimental to health and fitness.
Such foods give rise to diabetes and obesity.
Nutritionist Karishma Chawla of Eatrite 24×7 says, “Super Foods are nutrient packed foods.The easiest way to introduce these foods in the diet is to know and understand why these nutrient-packed super foods are important and how they can go a long way to enhance the quality of life.”
Here she suggests 5 super foods that should be a part of everyone’s meal plan:
– Protein foods: Lean meat like chicken & fish, low fat milk & milk products, whey supplements. Its functions are : improves muscle growth, increases metabolism and fat burning, improves body composition.
– Veggies: Spinach, cauliflower, broccoli and fruits : oranges. These help in reducing free radical attack, risk for cancers, diabetes, heart disease and increases digestive health.
– Complex Carbohydrates: Whole oats and quinoa. These help in maintaining steady energy levels and give calories with minimal chance of fat storage.
– Good fats: Walnuts, avocados, olive oil, fish oil, flaxseed ( ground). Help reduce risk for cancers, diabetes, heart disease, increases metabolism, reduces inflammation, improves fluid balance, improves skin and hair
– Healthy drinks: Meal replacement drinks ( carbs + protein). These are helpful as consumed as fillers instead of sugary drinks in a tailor made nutrition plan according to an individuals need.
source: the new age